Friday, January 04, 2008

Pandora's Box

Have you noticed that once you've become aware of a subject that your mind finds connections to it from everyone? Here's an example:

When Will was diagnosed with Celiac Disease I started hunting for gluten-free (GF) foods. Now I see them everywhere! It was like the original exposure alerted my senses to a world I had not noticed before.

I believe we all do this. Sometimes we get introduced to a new musician and it's all we can do to stop listening to just their music. Or a new food and we can't get enough of it.

Well my little foray into consumerism, environmentalism, and use of the world has opened Pandora's Box. Not only am I seeing information everywhere I go now, but now I'm hearing discussions that, no doubt, were had before, and watching people make their own life changes.

My best friend TJ sent me an email with this link. I rarely send group emails out unless it's regarding our family but I had to send this one just like I have to post it here. The video is twenty minutes long so pull up a chair!

The Story of Stuff


And as always, I would love to hear thoughts.

No comments: