Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Flip-Floptimism

I've always considered myself a realist. That glass everyone is talking about - well for me it's neither 1/2 full or 1/2 empty. It's just there. Sitting on the counter. Needing to be put away or finished. And most likely it needs a coaster.

Then this morning, as I was walking back to my car, shivering, I realized something.

I'm much more of an optimist than previously believed to be.

See, every morning I put on a t-shirt and my favorite, old flip-flops and head out the door. No sweater. No good shoes. Definitely no socks.

Always hopeful that the day is going to be warm enough and bright enough to fill my flip-flop wishes. Always optimistic.

And even when it's just a little too cold - like it was this morning - I still don't change my shoes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I'm not sure why, but I love it!

Walker said...

I have always thought you to be an optimist. I really don't have the luxury of where flip flops even if I am hoping for warm weather, my feet will seriously freeze. It is cold here, I just want it to be warm. Bundling up three kids every day to go anywhere can be a whole ordeal!