Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Thank you.

This morning I feel very aware of things in my life that are not as they should be.  I'd like to shift my perspective.  One of the best ways I know to do that is to take a moment and be grateful.  Here are a few (random) things I am grateful for this morning:

*  Footsie pajamas and space heaters for keeping my children warm
*  Care packages - particularly those with gluten-free flours for me to dabble with
*  twenty-plus years with a friend who continually surprises me 
*  a laundry room where I can get all my laundry done at once
*  a little boy who smothers me with hugs and kisses and calls me Mama
*  a little boy who stares deeply into my eyes and fills my soul with hope
*  enough food and clothes and money in a time where each is precious
*  a husband who is 100% invested in us, in me, and in the kids.  
*  my planner and it's pull out pages and large writing spaces
*  Instant Breakfast
*  the chance to search for my inner peace without persecution
*  reminder emails from the library
*  a sister who would take a five-hour train ride just to have time with me
*  and so much more...

No comments: