Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Arm yourself!

I just don't get it. When you go to hug someone and they reach out with only one arm. WHAT IS THAT!?!?! It's not a hug, it's like a sloppy handshake. I'm not sure what is worse, the dead-fish handshake or the one-armed hug.

Seriously, I will not be offended if you do not want to hug. I have a cousin who prefers not to hug, and ever time I see him we exchange a warm handshake. And I love it! It's him.

But if you are going to hug someone, use both of your arms. A one arm hug makes people feel awkward and misled. Not misled like 'I guess we aren't going to sleep together' but misled like 'Shoot, I just hugged them with two arms. Did I make them uncomfortable?'

Hugs don't usually last more than ten seconds - which isn't long. I realize that hugging makes some people uncomforable, but ten seconds or less will not kill you.

I'm not asking for a french kiss from everyone*, just two arms.

So if you greet me firm up that handshake or open up both arms!




*Robbie Williams IS excluded from this. From him I do ask for a french kiss.*

2 comments:

Florinn said...

I agree. Although, I want a french kiss from Rob Thomas.

TJ said...

french kisses from matt damon will be accepted here. and i hate awkward hugs. i had a boyfriend who had rules about hugging. he was a little strange. as long as you are not hugging me to get a free feel.....