Tuesday, March 06, 2007

the kiddos

I sent an email to a friend today with an update of the kiddos, and figured that some of you might like to read it as well! These two sure keep me on my feet. When I'm done doing a back-up of iPhoto I'll post some up here. Here is the news about the terrible two-some that I sent her:

Our Will turns three next month. Can you believe it? I'm telling you what it goes so fast. Last night I went in and sat in their rooms and just watched them both sleep. It feels like any moment they'll be 30 and I'll be visiting their homes and their families and such. Any way, Will turns three...gotta stay focused :) Hard to believe that is he going to be three and then there are times that it is hard to believe is ONLY three. He is very talkative and has a memory that holds on to everything. Some of my favorite things about Will or Will-isms are:
~ He is totally fascinated with wheels and fans. For example, we went to the zoo this week and he kept begging me to go to the giraffes. Of course I think this must be because he loves giraffes (they are his power animal, right Noonie?). Quite the contrary, he remembered that there are huge ventilation fans that he wanted to stare at. We were there for twenty minutes.
~ When he is sick or gets an owie he usually asks for something, like a Band-Aid or food or something. When I give it to him he says 'It feels me so better'.
~He lines up his cars in order from smallest to biggest, and then will rearrange them several times.
~At almost three he is still small enough to fit in clothes for a two year old! Yet he eats like a horse.
~When he says goodbye he doesn't just say bye, he says (and does the corresponding signs) 'I love you. Rock on. Hang loose. Okie-dokie, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Goodbye!'
~ He is smarter than I know what to do with. He has now started to read. We went for a walk the other night downtown and he found where it said 'Walker' on a building. Figured it was a fluke until he read me the exit sign. He can spell Mom, Dad, Will, Walker, stop, no, and a few others.

Walker is a definite 'Walker'! He is now eighteen months. It is funny because when I look back at pictures of him from his birth he is the same! Except now he is full of personality and trouble! He learns everything through physical trial and error. Some of my favorite things about Walker or some of his Walker-isms are:
~ The child can eat anything in less than five minutes flat. I'm not talking about eating a carrot in five minutes. I'm talking about eating an entire banana, or sandwich, or bowl of noodles. Five minutes flat.
~ He loves shapes. His favorite song is one about triangles, circles, and squares. He'll dance to it around the house and he'll find anything shaped like a common shape and twist it around in his hands. His favorite shape is an oval and he points them out everywhere. One of his first words has been 'diamond'.
~ When he gets really mad (which is often since we can't understand what the heck he says most of the time), he raises up his hand and then smacks the nearest table.
~ At just a year and a half he fits into the same clothes that Will does! He's in the 50th percentile but compared to Will he looks so big.
~ He is pretty headstrong (wonder where he gets that) and when he is doing something he knows he shouldn't and you try to get his attention, he closes his eyes. I need to catch it on camera because it is hard to describe. He takes his eyes, closes them, and then kind of rolls them around to try and peek at you.
~ He is always ready for a cuddle, a hug, or a kiss. He'll ask to walk only to come back two seconds later and want to be carried.

---note to reader, I bet your kids aren't as cute as mine (wink, wink)--------

1 comment:

TJ said...

HA!!! if there was a contest mine would win!!! or they would probably tie and then they would think that walker and lucy were related.